Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Using JPDeni Configurator with TimRyan's DBMan Templats Mod (without links)

Quote Reply
Using JPDeni Configurator with TimRyan's DBMan Templats Mod (without links)
Hello, I have de demo working fine using the templates.

Everything is default.

Now I want to customise my database.

I'll use the JPDeni configurator to do it, but I do not know how to merge the information from default.cfg file (that it will create) to the new default.cfg file (used in templates), as well as sub html_record_form and sub html_record which I could paste into my html.pl file, but now this is not used anymore.

What do I have to do.
First I want to thank you all for creating this "space" for support and specially to Crossamer Therads, JPDeni and TimRyan's to make my life easyer.

------------------
I'm not a programer, but I want to know more about computers to understand what is happening.
Quote Reply
Re: Using JPDeni Configurator with TimRyan's DBMan Templats Mod (without links) In reply to
I have never used the template mod and I've only looked over it briefly.

From what I see in the template mod, you'll need to add the section at the bottom of the .cfg file. And maybe change the $db_dir_url, although I don't quite follow what he's doing there.

As for the html.pl file, I'm afraid I have no idea. I don't understand how the templates work. I do know that the code generated by the Configurator won't give you want you need for a template.

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
Re: Using JPDeni Configurator with TimRyan's DBMan Templats Mod (without links) In reply to
So maybe is better if I do not use configurator...
I thing I know how to change the .cfg
but change the templates or .pl will be harder.

Just one more question:
how to make an e-mail field?
because the URL field has an "http://"
so the mail field should have an "mailto:"
??

thanks

------------------
I'm not a programer, but I want to know more about computers to understand what is happening.
Quote Reply
Possibly someone who has experience with the templates will have an idea. It would take quite a bit of study for me to figure it out.

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply

Quote:
well as sub html_record_form and sub html_record which I could paste into my html.pl file, but now this is not used anymore

Yes...they are...in the dbm_templates.pl file. Paste the codes before the &load_template codes.

And all you have to do is add the form codes for the sub html_record_form into your add, modify, and delete template files and the codes for the sub html_record into the html_record.html template file...

Keep in mind that you need to change codes like $rec{'Fieldname'} with <%Fieldname%> in the template files.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Former Handle: Eliot
Anthro TECH, L.L.C
anthrotech.com
* Check Resource Center
* Thinking out of the box (codes) is not only fun, but effective.

[This message has been edited by AnthroRules (edited April 20, 2000).]
Quote Reply
Dont worry folks
thank's for the help!
right now I don't know why I cannot go to the DBman any more
I get an error like this:
Error Message : fatal error: (Maybe you didn't strip carriage returns after a network transfer?)

I'll start over again I beleive

thank's!

------------------
Quote Reply
Oliver - you need to upload your DBMan files in ASCII mode NOT binary.

---------------
donm
Quote Reply
I did it!
at least in the cuteftp was that way

but I'll transfer again to make sure

This is an error message of binary file?

------------------
Quote Reply
Was realy a cuteFTP error
I made ASCII by default and worked (but I was transfering in ASCII all the time!)

Now Everything is all right and I just need to customize de DB.

Thanks for the hint

------------------