Please explain how ?

Thanks in advance !

------------------
Vijay
Quote Reply
Re: Relation in Databases In reply to
Uh yea...go here:

www.jpdeni.com/dbman/Mods/relational.txt

This has been discussed many times...please use the Forum's search engine before posting questions.

Wink

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
There's also a few notes available in the DBMan FAQ in the resiurce center.
Quote Reply
Yes, gotze....But those notes only provide elementary notes on how to implement the Relational Mod that I referenced in my earlier post!!!!!!!!!

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
Thanks Eliot !

Let me be very specific.

I want to develop B2B Order processing system . I have about 20 branch offices and about 200 dealers. My each branch office handles about 10-15 dealers. I need a solution as follows;
1. I want my dealers to place an order via net.
2. each dealer should have a unique login ID and password
3. While placing an order they need not enter their personal information, contact details etc( system should pick it up on sign-in)
4. I want them to enable the tracking of their orders.
5. The order should either be emailed or the respective branch office handling the dealer should be notofied upon placing of any order.
6. The branch office will process the order and once processed and okeyed, the respective dealer should be notified.
7. While placing the order they should have an access to products database so that they can pick-up the product by product ID and all other detailes are automatically retrived.

Thanks once again for prompt response.

I am yet to see a forum where you get response faster than this !

------------------
Vijay
Quote Reply
Go look at shopping cart programs. While some DBMAN users have gotten DBMAN to work with ordering systems (as backend management parts of larger shopping cart programs), it is really problematic to make it work as effectively as some shopping cart programs out of the box.

In other words, I really don't think it will be easy to get DBMAN to do what you want.

Good luck.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
I am not very particlar about the shopping system as such may be I can ask my dealers to enter price and priduct details manually.

What I am more concerened is "RELATION" between
1. User ID ( and subsequently his details)
2. Order ( Say purchase order)
3. Processor ( Say order processing form which is an internal document to us but which is used as a document to either accept or reject the order based on previous history of dealers payment status, credibility etc)

Thanks

------------------
Vijay
Quote Reply
Right...And to compare these values in an effective and logical manner (for you as the Administrator and to end users) would be HIGHLY problematic with DBMAN. You would have to add in a bunch of chunky conditional code checking that for novice programmers is not an easy task.

If you are up to the challenge, fine. Then I would suggest contacting one of the Installers in the Resource Center to ask for their assistance or ask for SPECIFIC code modifications in this Forum and may be Chris or one of the other DBMAN users who have more time on their hands can assist you. I can assist with some of the coding, but not all of it to make it work for you.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
Thanks anyway !

I am still of the opinion thet Db-Man can do the job for me. Only problem is my perl knowledge. But I want to give it a Go. I am sure with helpful people like U around, My challange should be achievable if not easy.

Regards

I will be back again pulling my hair

------------------
Vijay
Quote Reply

Quote:
My challange should be achievable if not easy

Achievable...possibly.
Easy...definitely not.

Regards,

------------------