Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Panic time! Can't get into my DBMan

Quote Reply
Panic time! Can't get into my DBMan
aka joebagodonuts, writing from the job

After I logon to "my" database, then click a link from the main menu I get " invalid/expired user session"

What happened? How do I fix it?
Quote Reply
Re: Panic time! Can't get into my DBMan In reply to
are you the only one who uses the database? If so you could just re-upload your default.pass file to the server and all of the default passwords will be inputted again. Then you can use admin/admin to log in, and make whatever passwords you want.

Hope that helps.

IF not, you could try the following, but I doubt if it will work cus of related security measures in the script.

Download your old password file, and paste in the defaut admin/admin line of code. Try loggin in with that...

Good luck
Quote Reply
I'm the sys admin for about 150 alumni records. Am I understanding, from yr comments, that my password file has somehow become corrupt?
Quote Reply
Back @ home, but at a loss as to what to do. Appears all the info still resides on my server, just when I execute from the main menu I get the error.
Help PLEASE!!!
Quote Reply
Did you make any modifications to the auth.pl file?

Regards.

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
Eliot,
It worked last night, today it doesn't, :-0. I haven't edited anything ... yet
Quote Reply
Joe - I had the same thing happen to me when I first installed DBMan. Here is the link to the original post. I know this probably isn't going to help because an answer was never found as to why it happened. But mysteriously after about a week everything began to work again.

Here is the post:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/scripts/forum/resources/Forum5/HTML/000824.html

------------------
donm
All those who believe in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Quote Reply
Don,
I posted the result of that perl -V thing to your ref'd thread in the DBMan "Installation Forum." If you, Alex, Eliot or anyone else has any more words of wisdom, would be greatly appreciated. Thx.