Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Export to XLMod - I'm close, but need help

Quote Reply
Export to XLMod - I'm close, but need help
1. I've searched the forum's, but Brian, Glen, Eliot and Mitch's post don't really anwer my question.
2. I know I'm close, short of "CGIwrap Error: Script is not executable. Issue chmod 755 /home/m/u/murgnam/www/cgi-bin/Directory/csv/joebag.94312641595228.csv"
3. I uploaded in ASCII, got the above error, created a csv directory and chmod 755.
4. Do I need to post my db.pl/html.pl as txt? I know this is some simple bonehead error on my part ... any clues?
NOTE: Yes, I'm using the short/long display, if that's my prob, :-0.
JR
Quote Reply
Re: Export to XLMod - I'm close, but need help In reply to
The problem is mostly associated with your html.pl file, which you should post as a text file and then give us the URL.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
Try http://www.flash.net/~murgnam/html_pl.txt or http://www.flash.net/~murgnam/db_pl.txt.
Thx.
Quote Reply
Still lost. Any clues from my txt files?
Quote Reply
Well, one problem I see is that you do not have a slash between the variables, $$csvfilename and $db_csv_path in the following codes:

Code:
my ($csvfilename) = "$db_uid" . ".csv";
my ($csvfileloc) = ">$db_csv_path$csvfilename";
open(CSVFILE, $csvfileloc) | | die "Unable to open CSV file location ($csvfileloc).";
&csv_header();

I know you have the trailing slash for $db_csv_path in your db.pl file. Take the trailing slash out and then add it in-between the variables I mentioned above.

I don't really know if this will make a difference or not. But that is the only alarming codes I saw in your html.pl file.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
Eliot,

Thx 4 the reply, but it was a no go.

As I understand yr reply, I removed the trailing slash from my db.pl ...

$db_csv_path = "/home/m/u/murgnam/www/cgi-bin/Directory/csv";

...then encorporated in my html.pl ...

my ($csvfileloc) = ">$db_csv_path/$csvfilename";

...same exact result ... "CGIwrap Error: Script is not executable. Issue chmod 755 /home/m/u/murgnam/www/cgi-bin/Directory/csv/joebag.94393178587769.csv"

The strange thing is I get as far as "Click here to retrieve"|Open or d/l to drive ... and if I look, via FTP, @ www/cgi-bin/Directory/csv, the content IS there.

Talk to my ISP?
Quote Reply
Well, I am not too familar with XML. So, I just checked the syntax and that was the only problem I could see.

Good luck.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
I figured out the bonehead mistake I made. In case others are having probs with this script maybe the below helps ... maybe not, :-0.

I created my csv directory in my cgi-bin -v- the correct location, the location of my webpages. When I then chmod 755, the script works!!! WOOHOO, oh happy day.

JR

[This message has been edited by joebagodonuts (edited December 24, 1999).]
Quote Reply
I'm glad you got the mod working, JR.

Any suggestions on adding chmod tips for the mod?

Don
Quote Reply
Don,
Think it was just me not being familiar with Perl/CGI.

But to make things easier for folks like me you might want to edit the mod to caution against ID in the 1st field (changing to AlumniId worked for my cause) and a reminder to create the csv directory in the location of webpages and chmod 755, that would've done the trick for me.
JR

[This message has been edited by joebagodonuts (edited December 29, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Thanks JR.

Your suggestions are appreciated.

Don
Quote Reply
Hi I'm getting the following error...Do you think you might know what the problem is?

Error Message : fatal error: Unable to open CSV file location (>auto/gsg-sw/htdocs/seg/csv/rsud.98944916536640.csv). at ./html.pl line 2043.

Reena