Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

uploading ID Key problem

Quote Reply
uploading ID Key problem
How do I over come the id key problem for uploading of records to the default.db? I want my users to be able to upload entries to the database. I have the upload part working but the unique ID Key is a problem. The mod does not contain a way to make sure that each record does not match a record already in the default.db or able to add an ID Key to each new record that is uploaded to the database.

------------------
Sherwin Sales@jse.net
Quote Reply
Re: uploading ID Key problem In reply to
What mod are you talking about?

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
It is the mod Created by Jeff Carnahan. It is not really a mod. It is a stand alone that you wrote a mod to have it add the uploaded data to the database file.
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/scripts/forum/resources/Forum12/HTML/000690.html
I used the mod to make the same thing happen for my database. But there was no reply to how to solve the ID Key.

------------------
Sherwin Sales@jse.net
Quote Reply
Ok,
Is there a what that I can setup DBman to allow 10 simultanious records? On the add record form, instead of puting in just one record on that form at a time. To be able to put in 10 records from the same form at one time. I hope you can understand what I am writing. Welcome back!

------------------
Sherwin Sales@jse.net
Quote Reply
I don't know of a mod that allows multiple additions. It would require quite a bit of thought to even know where to start.

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
I didn't answer the previous question, because I must have missed it. Happens sometimes.

I don't know how to deal with the problem of unique IDs if you're uploading records. If there is any way at all to add the records by the DBMan interface, that's the way you should do it.

------------------
JPD