Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Uploaded images not displaying properly

Quote Reply
Uploaded images not displaying properly
I recently installed the “file upload modification” to my database with no problems. I have discovered a problem when using Internet Explorer to upload files. I have successfully uploaded a few files to the database, however, when I try to view the images, my browser gives me the little broken image icon. The weird thing is that when I go into my website via ftp, the uploaded image is there. If I download it to my disk, I can open it up in my browser. Is the image file being corrupted somehow in the upload process? Has this problem happened to anyone else? When I use Navigator, the images are uploaded with no problems at all.

Thanks
Geoff

[This message has been edited by grummon (edited September 20, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Re: Uploaded images not displaying properly In reply to
I'm using IE5.0 with the upload mod. No problems at all.
Quote Reply
This is something that Carol would have to address since she wrote the mod. I have seen some weird things with Netscape Communicator. It is weird that you are seeing problems with IE, since IE has a more flexible error checking system than Netscape.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Founder and Editor
Anthro TECH, L.L.C
http://www.anthrotech.com/
info@anthrotech.com
==========================
Coconino Community College
http://www.coco.cc.az.us/
Web Technology
Coordinator
elee@coco.cc.az.us
Quote Reply
Some (or all?) versions of IE4 had a broken file upload capability where files were being corrupted.

I discovered this with *.pdfs and *.zips on another project (not dbman-related). I upgraded to IE5 and all problems went away.

Are you using IE4?
Quote Reply
No, only 5.0 and Netscape 4.05.
Quote Reply
I am using IE 4.5 for Mac, so maybe IE 5 is the solution. Unfortunately, Microsoft hasn't released IE 5 for Mac yet, so I'll stick to using Netscape for file uploads. Thanks, Glen, for the information.

Geoff
Quote Reply
I am using IE 4.5 for Mac, so maybe IE 5 is the solution. Unfortunately, Microsoft hasn't released IE 5 for Mac yet, so I'll stick to using Netscape for file uploads. Thanks, Glen, for the information.

Geoff