Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Disclaimer Mod - Want to add one more step

Quote Reply
Disclaimer Mod - Want to add one more step
Hey everyone. I have implemented the 'Disclaimer Mod' and have it working fine. So far to this day, I have the user friendly html mod, the secure password mod, skip html_home changes and everything works fine (I say that now).

I'm doing this dbase for a site that requires a paid membership service. What I would like to do is after the disclaimer notice, have the new member goto a form that requires their personal information: Full Name, Address, City, State, CC#, etc.... This information is just for administration purposes. The only field required for the actual database that may end up redundant would be the full name. My assumption would be to have them 'agree' to the disclaimer, then goto a form (form2 now) have them enter in billing information (authorization method is not yet determined by client) then continue on so they can add their record. Any suggestions, advice would be greatly appreciated.

Theri

Quote Reply
Re: Disclaimer Mod - Want to add one more step In reply to
You can do a check on whether the record is present and if not force user into adding a record. Is this the sort of thing you are looking for?

Quote Reply
Re: Disclaimer Mod - Want to add one more step In reply to
Hi there.
Not really. Lets say you are new and you are going to create an account. First thing you do is agree to the disclaimer. Then next step is adding your record. Then you are done. I need to add one more step in between. Seeing how this is a fee based service, we need to get Credit Card information, personal information and approve it (online merchant service not determined yet) THEN jump to the actualy html_add_form routine.

Thats what I'm having problems on as of now.

Click to signup - Agree to Disclaimer - Fill our billing info - Add Record

Those are the steps I need. The Billing is the only form I need to implement.

Thanks
Theri