Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Currently logged in users or login disable

Quote Reply
Currently logged in users or login disable
Hi Guys,

Is there a way to view the currently active users that are logged in (live). It is possible I may need to import the db file for updates or changes etc. I cannot do this while users are making updates.

While I am doing the updates I would also like to disable logins.

Thanks in advance.
G
Quote Reply
Re: Currently logged in users or login disable In reply to
You could set up another Db and when user logs in write their userid to that Db. When someone wants to see who is logged in just call that Db. Only problem, is users would have to log off with the log off option in order to delete them from current users.

You could set a time limit and check the time they logged on, if over limit, delete.

[This message has been edited by DarinB (edited November 16, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Hi Smile

I'm working on a membership db.. and almost have it operational..

What I've done is.. I have 2 db's.. 1 for the members profiles.. and another for messaging between eachother..

To get the current logins.. I added two fields (logdate and logtime) to my profile db.. then made the db log these times when they logged on to the site..

Now to make sure that they were current.. I added a link to the routine, to automatically change the login date and time when a user views thier homepage/mainpage...

This way.. I have set up the 'list all' to only list the last 50 users that have logged in.. (I'm still trying to work out how to display the last 5 - 10 logged in users on the mainpage..)

I got the original code from reading another post.. then altered it to suit my needs.. however.. I'me not sure if I can display it.. if your interested.. I could try?

------------------
-----------
millsie :)

A smile a day...
keeps the viri' away.
Quote Reply
ok it's been sent Smile

------------------
-----------
millsie :)

A smile a day...
keeps the viri' away.
Quote Reply
Hi There,

Yes please I am interested. Is it possible to please mail the changes to me. greg@handmade.co.za

I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance
G