Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Rate It with DBMan? How Tough Is It?

Quote Reply
Rate It with DBMan? How Tough Is It?
Hi there,

I know I'll probably get in "trouble"...but I honestly tried a couple of searches through the forums but only found postings about the SQL version of DBMan.

Anyway, the obvious question is: how hard is it to allow users of DBMan to "rate" a certain record? I think I've heard of using the ratings file from Links...is this tricky? I only know some of the very basics of Perl...

Thanks! Smile

Chris
Quote Reply
Re: Rate It with DBMan? How Tough Is It? In reply to
I suppose you could have a modified "sub modify" that would add ratings to the record itself. But it wouldn't prevent one user from rating a record a bunch of times. Hmmmm. Maybe something could be worked out. I'll have to ponder this for a little bit.

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
JP,

Okay, cool.

I'll only be using it to be displayed on the article, and on the short display of each record (I'm using the long/short display mod)...I don't need a "What's Cool" page or anything like that like the stuff you'll usually find in the Links ratings. Smile

Chris
Quote Reply
That particular Topic you found contains codes written for regular DBMAN (the title is a bit misleading).

I asked the person who tested the Mod to write formal instructions and post them in the Resource Center.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Former Handle: Eliot
* Check Resource Center
* Thinking out of the box (codes) is not only fun, but effective.