Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Problems after server update

Quote Reply
Problems after server update
Hi,
I've had a simple DBMan database running ok for a week or so. My web host has updated the server (don't know exactly what they've done), but now when I try to log in, it lets me in, but then whenever I try to do anything it says;

"Oops, there was a problem logging into the system: invalid/expired user session"

in otherwords, somehow, the logged on session is not being maintained.

Does anybody know what the problem might be ?
(and yes the userid/passwords are correct)

cheers

Andy
Quote Reply
Re: Problems after server update In reply to
Just in case, recheck all your chmod settings.

I know that after a server update with my host provider I found it necessary to check all my file permissions.

Hope this solves the problem Smile
Quote Reply
Thanks, I'll give it a go

cheers

Andy
Quote Reply
Hi,
I've checked a bit further and deleted and re-uploaded my files. All the files are set as rwx (at the moment) so I think I need to get my service provider to set them to the values in the readme.txt file. The authentication files are being created in the \auth sub-directory. It just doesn't seem to want to authenticate them. What is the IP address that's stored in the authentication file ? Is it used ?

Many thanks

Cheers

Andy
Quote Reply
The IP Address is the Remote Address of the client machine accessing your database.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Former Handle: Eliot
* Check Resource Center
Quote Reply
I reloaded the files to the server and it still didn't work. Then it mysteriously has started working again. Very suspicious.

Thanks for all the help

Cheers

Andy