Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Problem with Member permission

Quote Reply
Problem with Member permission
I have installed JPDeni's member permission MOD. My userid field is at 15, and I call it User Level on the form. I am allowing users to sign up for their own accounts. Default user is not allowed. The setup is that everyone signs in for his own account or use the guest account, which allows him to view and add; while those with their own account can add, view and delete/modify only their own accounts. That is going so far so good. However my problem is that when someone with his own account creates a Record, his username, with which he had created his account, is passed onto the User Level (userid) in the Record! That means if my username was "rebecca", the userid (User Level) of the Records I have created will be "rebecca"! I want people who signed in with their own account in to have the User Level "Member" for the Records created by them; while Records created by users without their own accounts must have User Level (userid) "Guest". How can I achieved this goal. Every help appreciated...