Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Mass Mailer, & dbman date question

Quote Reply
Mass Mailer, & dbman date question
I am using the mass mailer program. But it only will send out part of the database. When told to send, the html page shows all the emails address sent to, but does not show the last line, which confirms it completed everything.

I checked on the server and the log says:
"send body timed out for 24.113.86.77"

since this is my IP, I am not sure what this means. In the testing, I sent to 10 differant address, which are mine, and out of 10,000 email, only recieved 300.

2) I a would like to change the format of the date from d-m-y to dmy. When I looked at the code, I read the warning comments, but I am not sure how to do it. The reason I need to do this, is because the Mass Mailer program was not working with the date in that format. Once I remove the "-", then it worked.

Any suggestion, or direction would be great.

Thanks

david breddam

Quote Reply
Re: Mass Mailer, & dbman date question In reply to
1) That is something I have not seen and is most likely a problem inherent with your mail server. Try executing the script via telnet or Cron. The script has been tested with 2,000 Recipients. I don't know how it will act with more than that number.

2) So, you fixed it right? BTW: The reason I did not "require" the db.cgi file and the date routines within it...is because it would use a lot of CPU to execute both the mailer and db.cgi at the same time.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------