Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

How to retrive variables in modify mutiple records mod?

Quote Reply
How to retrive variables in modify mutiple records mod?
Hi! I've been racking my brians as to how to retrive variables from the modify mutiple records mod. Basically, once the variables from the modify multiple records fields are passed into the subroutine and then amended into the database file. But I woul like to find out how to retrive the values of the fields that are passed into the subroutine.

Can anyone help?
Julian
Quote Reply
Re: [vampy] How to retrive variables in modify mutiple records mod? In reply to
Just a guess, but create a new variable during the subrotine and make it equal to the one you are looking for.

I did this for something, I could dig it out if you need more specifics.
Quote Reply
Re: [joematt] How to retrive variables in modify mutiple records mod? In reply to
Would appreciate your help. Thanks.
Julian
Quote Reply
Re: [vampy] How to retrive variables in modify mutiple records mod? In reply to
Well I dug it out, but it is not as complicated as what I you are trying to do. I was just setting a variable as a "marker" so to say, not getting a whole set of records.

None the less I have attached a brief .txt file with what I did.

In general, what I have learned reading these posts is that you can hold the value of a variable and use it several subrouties down the road. And if the information being held is extensive, then best to write it to a file, kinda like the archive MOD.
Quote Reply
Re: [joematt] How to retrive variables in modify mutiple records mod? In reply to
Thanks but not really what I was looking for. I have a way to solve my problem.
Julian