Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Default value in one field taken from another

Quote Reply
Default value in one field taken from another
Hi!
I'm new to all this, so need some tolerance. I successfully setup DBMAN and it is running beautifully!! Thanks so much!!

What I would like it to do now, however, is when an input is selected in one field from a dropdown list, can the code be setup to save that same value in another? I don't care if it shows on the form or not, only that it is saved in the database. I have found that data saved from a dropdown list is not single keyword searchable like the other simple entry fields. I would like the select list data to be searchable by single keywords as well. I am assuming that if the string from the select list is added to one of the non-select simple fields it would be keyword searchable.

Here are the field I am using...the first two are select lists, with the second two are not.

'Select Reference Title' => [2, 'alpha', 0, 255, 0, '', ''],
'Select Author/s' => [3, 'alpha', 0, 255, 0, '', ''],
'Reference not in list above' => [4, 'alpha', 70, 255, 0, '(type here if reference not found in list above)', ''],
'Author/s not in list above' => [5, 'alpha', 70, 255, 0, '(type here if author not found in list above)', ''],

Thanks very much!!!
EAPGlass
Quote Reply
Re: Default value in one field taken from another In reply to

Quote:
I have found that data saved from a dropdown list is not single keyword searchable like the other simple entry fields.

It should be. Could I get an example of something you've tried?

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
Re: Default value in one field taken from another In reply to
Never mind...I went back and tried it again and it did work!! Sorry!! But, I could swear I had tried it many times and it did not work.
Thanks for the great script and help!!!
EAPGlass