Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Auto Delete questions?

Quote Reply
Auto Delete questions?
I am trying to set up the auto delete mod compiled by LoisC from JPDeni and Alexes messages. I am not using validation, so I did not add the date setting line to set the start date after the validation. I got the script to run OK I think. All of my records were older than I had set my autodelet for. I logged on as a default user and they all showed. I logged on as a registered user and they autodeleted. Is this in fact how the script works? Can I get the autodelete function to work on a default login?
Thanks for all the help I have recieved so far.
You guys and Ladies are very helpful to newbies like myself,

Dale

Quote Reply
Re: Auto Delete questions? In reply to
Yes...the script functions when registered users login, the records are deleted. It does not work with default users.

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
There are variations of the autodelete mod, but as far as I am aware from working with autodelete the objective is to have the records deleted from the database according to the settings you have.

This should work regardless of whether the users are default or registered! It is set according to the variation your used in your setup.

If you have it set to autodelete based on a number of days, it is necessary to set a starting date for the mod to function properly.

Unoffical DBMan FAQ
http://webmagic.hypermart.net/dbman/
Quote Reply
Not the version that I am using, LoisC!

Good day!

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
I set it up with a dateadded field. I also set a remove by field, just because I could not be sure how to remove it without compromising the functionality. I set the remove day at 1 and logged on to an old db with the appropriate fields added. In the default log on it showed all the old records. In the registered user logon that followed it removed all records.
Does a default user actually go through the aauthorization script? Thanks for the continued support.

Dale

Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Does a default user actually go through the aauthorization script?
If you mean, are sessions created...no. The default user is authorized through the auth.pl script with the password of default...

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
Not understanding perl and how it works I have to ask, can the sub_autodelete be called in the default log on area like it is in the main auth area?

Thanks
Dale