Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Authorizations

Quote Reply
Authorizations
Based on a flag passed to DBMAN I want to create the type of permissions a particular user has access to. Specifically, the type of record he/she can input. The difference in the records is the amount of detail and I propose two forms, a detailed one and a less detailed one for input.

Here's the logic of what I would like to do:
1. User creates an account -- depending on what type of user (passed in from external html) determines level of permissions (similar to guest, author, admin in the default).
2. User logons on with permissions automatically set. If he/she is a detailed user, the detailed add record form appears. If he/she is a less detailed user, the shorter add a record form appears. (note that the underlying structure of the record is identical for both forms -- just the information presented to the user for completion is less detailed for one class than the other).

How do I do this? or is there a better way to accomplish what I wish to do rather than permissions?

The overall objective is to have two classes of users -- with different record adding/viewing/modifying characteristics.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Authorizations In reply to
I saw your previous question about this, but I didn't have an answer, so I thought I'd best wait until I had something to say. Smile

You probably are going to need to add another permission, but it is a real pain in the posterior to add fields to the password file.

My suggestion would be to look at the password lookup mod so you can see all the lines you need to edit in order to add another field. There are a lot of them.

------------------
JPD