Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Anyone view without login but I want to allow some users to ADD ONLY not modify.

Quote Reply
Anyone view without login but I want to allow some users to ADD ONLY not modify.
Help please.

I want to allow anyone to search my database without login. But I want to allow some people to add only to my database. Is it possible at Dbman?

------------------
Thank you,

Lee
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone view without login but I want to allow some users to ADD ONLY not modify. In reply to
This has been discussed before. To allow people to access your database to search only, then use the following URL:

Code:
<a href="http://www.yourdomain.com/cgi-bin/dbman/db.cgi?db=default&uid=default">Search Database</a>

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
* Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
* Say NO to Duplicate Threads. :)
----------------------

Quote Reply
Re: Anyone view without login but I want to allow some users to ADD ONLY not modify. In reply to
Thank you so much Eliot for your reply,
But at the same time, I want to give password and user id to some people to add their information to my database.

So anyone view only and "some people can add only" via their password and user id.

Your help is very appreciated.

------------------
Thank you,

Lee
Quote Reply
RIGHT...You use the SIGNUP FORM for people to sign-up for access to add records. Look at the script more closely and also read the README FILE! You will find answers in it!

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
* Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
* Say NO to Duplicate Threads. :)
----------------------