Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

An Open Letter

Quote Reply
An Open Letter
An open letter to Alex and Gossamer-Threads, Inc.:

I chose to base much of my site's features on G-T software because of the active user community, and I remain a very loyal G-T supporter. Not that it matters, but for the record, I have paid my $250 in registration fees ($100 for DBMan, $150 for Links) and have heard ne'er a word from Alex or any other G-T employee except for a receipt email from his accounting staff. So please understand that it is in the spirit of my support for this user community and my desire to see it continue to flourish that I say I have a bone to pick (granted a very small one, like maybe one in the inner ear or one from my little toe)...

I understand and appreciate that the lion's share of the technical support for G-T products comes from unpaid volunteers like Carol (JPDeni), Eliot (AnthroTech), and countless others, so I don't think it is too much to ask to devote some more resources (read *better* tools) to make *better* support possible. I sense a growing frustration (myself included) with the limitations of the G-T forums, and it would be a shame to see the community splinter, stagnate, or worse as they are unable to find the answers they seek with the existing resources.

Yours,

Oldmoney
oldmoney@fantasysportsgamer.com