Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Admin_display : a suggestion to improve it

Quote Reply
Admin_display : a suggestion to improve it
One of our databases holds the records of 900+ members.
When I have to search a username in admin_display, to delete it, or modify its privileges, it is a nightmare.

The only solution i have found, for now, is to download the pass file, import it in a text processor, do a sort by alphabetic order, then, upload it again, but it is not very cute.

A better solution would be to have a text field with a button "search" in the admin page.

By entering an username, we would have it uploaded in the already existent text field, where we set up privileges.

If this solution is not possible (too difficult ?), is it possible to trigger a permanent sort on the pass file ?

Parsifal
Quote Reply
Re: [Parsifal] Admin_display : a suggestion to improve it In reply to
This was discussed previously and is contained in the FAQ or a modification for Miscellaneous changes. It works great.

Search for sort users and choose whole phrase and read the response by LoisC dated Jan. 17, 2001 at 10:18 am.

Chris Whatley
Quote Reply
Re: [cwhatley] Admin_display : a suggestion to improve it In reply to
Another possibility - which I have used - is to turn the password file into a separate database.

It takes a bit of thinking, and, of course, coding, but is much simpler to handle than the admin display.
kellner