Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Admin Display - Usernames Alpha Listing

Quote Reply
Admin Display - Usernames Alpha Listing
I know this used to be in this forum somewhere. I have searched on the following (username alpha admin display) but do not get the correct posts that I am looking for.

The post that I am looking for showed how to get the usernames in the admin_display to display in alpha order.

Does anyone know where this post is or know what needs to be added to get this to work?

TIA !
----------------
donm

Quote Reply
Re: Admin Display - Usernames Alpha Listing In reply to
I believe what you are looking for can be found in the FAQ noted below.

Look under the section for "Admin" and for the thread "Sort users in admin display"

If that's not the one, there may be others that contain the answer on how to do this.

Hope this helps

Unoffical DBMan FAQ
http://webmagic.hypermart.net/dbman/
Quote Reply
If you can't find it in the FAQ, I believe there is a MOD in the resources section titled Miscellaneous Changes which, among other things, adds the sort feature to usernames.

Good luck!

- Mark

Astro-Boy!!
http://www.zip.com.au/~astroboy/
Quote Reply
Thanks Lois and Astro - that is the post that I was looking for. As a matter of fact it was nearly a year ago or longer when Carol helped me with that mod.

The problem that I am having is this - I have the mod installed and it is working fine on one instance - but on another instance of the exact same code it is not. In other words I have two instances of Dbman using the exact same code - the admin_display on one is working fine - the other it is not.

Oh and BTW - I probably should have posted this in the other forum because I am using the DBMan SQL version. However, I am using the code for this mod and it is working on one and not the other.

**UPDATE**

I found the problem - the column "username" should be set to "BINARY". Once I did this everything is now sorted properly in both instances.

---------------------
donm