Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Add record with certain key field

Quote Reply
Add record with certain key field
Hello,

I have a database where the records are ordered chronologicly according to thier ID field (the key field), because there is no date field.
Let's say I want to add an old record that is missing in the database - and I want it to be <b>in the middle</b> of the database (for example #15 out of 50).
Is there an easy way I can add him and then push all the following records ahead?
Quote Reply
Re: [alon_g] Add record with certain key field In reply to
When I had this problem I just made the changes to the DB in a Spreadsheet such as Excel. For me it did a fine job of importing and exporting. I prefer to build the database in a spreadsheet, then use DBman to present it on the WEB.

I'm not sure if DBman will take a decimal for a key field?

if so then make the new record 14.5 to get it between old records 14 and 15.

Also not sure how DBman reacts when a DB (flatfile) is not sorted by the Key field (ie record number 14.5 is the last line in the DB)?
Quote Reply
Re: [joematt] Add record with certain key field In reply to
14.5 kinda thing is not really possible because the ID is shown and searchable in the site.

Anyway, If you say Excel handles this fine - then it's great for me.

Thanks

Last edited by:

alon_g: Jul 25, 2002, 8:22 AM
Quote Reply
Whole word problem In reply to
One more problem:

My search works fine without the WHOLE-WORD mode, but when I set it with a hidden field (ww=on), I get no results in any search. the only way I can get results is with putting '*' in all of the fields. Even the build_selct_from_db is not finding any results!

Any one knows what could cause this?