Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Add modify option to validate mod?

Quote Reply
Add modify option to validate mod?
Hi Carol...would it be to involved to add a modify option to the validate mod? it would sure be handy! thanks Rob
Quote Reply
Re: Add modify option to validate mod? In reply to
I don't know. I would have to look at the mod again.

The validate mod isn't even an "official" mod. I wrote it for someone and put it on my site for him to pick up, but I didn't intend for everyone else to get it. I haven't really worked on it, the structure of the mod is bad and I'm not sure it's really ready to go.

What exactly do you want?

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
Hi Carol...I didn't realize it wasn't for public consumption..I was enquiring about such a script and someone posted a link to it..anyway, it seems to work quite well... currently when the script is called, it displays the submitted records for validation or deletion..it would be great if a modify check box option were added to the current two, this way the admin could edit the record before validation...thanks Rob
Quote Reply
I know it got posted. Oh, well. At least you've beta tested it for me. Smile Thank you!!!

(I was kinda in a bad mood when I wrote before. Outside things bothering me. My apologies if the tone was not my usual friendly manner. Things are better now. Smile )

Let me look at the script again. I really haven't checked it out in a long time. I'll get back to you.

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
No problem Carol...thank you..Rob
Quote Reply
I was having a heck of a time trying to figure out how to do this with the form. Then it suddenly occurred to me that I could do it with a link. Smile

In sub html_validate_form, add the stuff that's in bold:

Code:
for (0 .. $numhits - 1) {
%tmp = &array_to_hash($_, @hits);
print qq|<tr><td valign=top>
<INPUT TYPE=radio NAME="$tmp{$db_key}" VALUE="validate">Validate<BR>
<INPUT TYPE=radio NAME="$tmp{$db_key}" VALUE="delete">Delete<BR>
<a href="$db_script_link_url&$db_key=$tmp{$db_key}&modify_form=1">Modify</a>
</TD></td><td>|;
&html_record (%tmp);
print "</td></tr>";
}

This will create a link to the side of the record which will take you directly to the modify form for that record.

That should work for you. If not, let me know.

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
Works very well indeed....thanks Carol..Rob
Quote Reply
Wonderful! I suppose I should work that file up into a real mod and have it available.

You're very welcome.

------------------
JPD