Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Add Record Problem

Quote Reply
Add Record Problem
I thought I had everything working great - I then logged on as a new user after creating a new account - and I receive a screen that looks like the main menu and add screen put together.

When trying them to add a new record I receive an error:

** cannot leave User ID field blank

The userID field should pull the userID automatically - I have it as an admin only field so that it cannot be altered by a regular user.

I am going to upload html_pl.txt, default_cfg.txt, and db_cgi.txt If you could take a look at them at: http://www.cocoahighalumni.com/name_of_file
I would really appreciate it !

BTW - JPD I have created an admin account for you so that you can take a look at this - you should have the info in your email inbox.

Thanks!
------------
donm

[This message has been edited by donm (edited August 20, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Re: Add Record Problem In reply to
I figured it out ! I had moved the "ID" field into an "admin only" area - this would not work as this is what makes the records unique - in the admin only area it was never being added unless you were logged in as the admin.

I moved it outside the admin only area and now everything is working again.

I hope I am not making ya'll crazy with my posts <g>

Thanks !

-------------
donm
Quote Reply
Re: Add Record Problem In reply to
I did find a problem or a bug with the change email mod - not sure how to fix it - whenever clicking on the change email link - you then type in your new email address and you are then sent a new password.

The problem seems to be with a Comment Field that I have within the record - if I have any "carriage returns" or html <p>'s or <br> in the comment field - whenever I change the email address via the change email mod the comment field is broken up in the db so that the record is no longer on a single line but everywhere there was a <BR> or <p> or carriage return the record is then split up into new lines making the record unreadable when you try to log back in.

I am not sure what causes this.... but it seems to only do this when trying to change email.... I can modify the record, change password and any of the other functions without any problems.

I am supposed to have this db live by tomorrow - but I am at a loss on this one - my files are still out there at http://cocoahighalumni.com/name_of_file

file names: html_pl.txt, db_cgi.txt, default_cfg.txt

Gosh - CGI will wear you out! <g>

Thanks!
----------------
donm