Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Access DB Import/Export

Quote Reply
Access DB Import/Export
Hi,

Just got DBMan working and customized (thanks JP!!!!) and I'm wondering how to import an Access 97 DB into DBMan...

I'm assuming I'd first export the DB in a text format...but how would I import it into DBMan?

Any help would be appreciated,
Chris
Quote Reply
Re: Access DB Import/Export In reply to
Open the database in Access and have the table or query you want to export highlighted. Choose "File--Save As/Export." In the next screen you'll see an option to save the table "To an External File or Database." Make sure that is selected. Click "OK."

Then you'll get a screen where you can save the file. In the bottom part of the screen, look for "Save as type:". Select "Text Files." Enter a name for your table. In order to get it to work, you will have to name the file with a .txt extension. You can change it later.

Click "Export." Select "Delmited." Click "Next."

Select "Other" and type a | into the field next to "Other." Do *not* select "Include Field Names in First Row." Look for "Text Qualifier." Select "{none}". Click "Next."

The path to where you're going to save the file should be in the field on the next screen, along with the name of the file. Click "Finish."

If your database was set up correctly, all you'll need to do is change the name of the file to match the name listed in your .cfg file ("default.db", if you haven't changed it from the original), and upload the file.

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
JP,

Followed your instructions all the way until hitting "Export"...but nothing happened after that. I've exported Access DBs as txt files before, and usually a window comes up..

------------------
Chris - TWT Commish
http://www.warningtrack.net
"Curing the World of Cluless Baseball Fans"
Quote Reply
JP,

Nevermind, I think I got it to work...thanks! Smile

------------------
Chris - TWT Commish
http://www.warningtrack.net
"Curing the World of Cluless Baseball Fans"