Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

> Additional Signup Information

Quote Reply
> Additional Signup Information
I like to get additional information if someone signes up. Like Address / Phone / Fax ans so on. This information shout only send me by mail. So my question is how I need to change the signup form so that I get the additional information by mail.

Thanks a lot!
Quote Reply
Re: > Additional Signup Information In reply to
The better thing to do is create another database called members.db and also create a separate .cfg file for this new database.

Please search this forum for related Threads...this has been discussed before.

And JPDeni and I have both provided reasons why you SHOULD NOT add additional data to your .pass file!

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
* Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
* Say NO to Duplicate Threads. :)
----------------------

Quote Reply
No I would not like to save the informations, the members provide me. I just want the information send me by email.

But still Thanks!
Quote Reply
So, you do not want to store these variables at all, including your .pass file??? Where do you plan on storing this information? Why do you want it to be sent to, but not stored in a database file?

I am confused.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
* Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
* Say NO to Duplicate Threads. :)
----------------------

Quote Reply
I like to save the normal stuff in my *.pass file (username/pass/email) but the user who signes up need to enter more informationen than just the information that are needed for the *.pass file.

So for example a user wants to sign up than he need to provide me the following information.

Real Name
Address
Username
Password
Email

The last 3 are saved in the *.pass file and the first 3 are just send to me by email with the username together.

Thanks and sorry that I was not clear enough.
And sorry for my english.