Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

$db_next_hits to display page count

Quote Reply
$db_next_hits to display page count
I'm trying to display the page hits result on the modify success page, so that the user can click to the next page after performing a modification.

I added
Code:
if ($db_next_hits) { print "<br><$font>Pages: $db_next_hits</font>"; }
to the "success" page with no result.
I also tried adding
Code:
<input type=hidden name="hits" value="$db_next_hits">
to the submit button on the modify page, also with no success.

suggestions?

Quote Reply
Re: $db_next_hits to display page count In reply to
I believe that this already comes with the default install version of DBMAN. I would refer to your original html.pl file and see if the codes are already there.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Founder and Editor
Anthro TECH, L.L.C
http://www.anthrotech.com/
info@anthrotech.com
==========================
Coconino Community College
http://www.coco.cc.az.us/
Web Technology
Coordinator
elee@coco.cc.az.us
Quote Reply
Hi Eliot,
The default html.pl has the code on html_modify_form, but NOT on html_modify_success.

I'd like to place it on the success form. The code that I added in my first post came from the modify form. Any idea how-to?
Quote Reply
Hi there,

If I understand you correctly you cannot perform thios action due to the fact that you can only modify 1 record at a time. So the modify succes page only displays 1 record and therefore there is no next to display.

You could add a link enabeling the user to go back to the last page where they selected the item to modify, but it would be just as easy to use the back button in your browser.

Correct me if im wrong.

MDJ
Quote Reply
You could always add the search to the bottom of the modify succes so the user can search for another record.

MDJ
Quote Reply
Carol did came up with a Mod that allows simultaneous modifcation to a single field in multiple records.

But that's not the issue.

If your modify "search" returns multiple pages, and you modify a record, I'd like to be able to go directly to "modify next record"(or page) from the "success" page.

Now, you click "Back" twice, select another record, and click "Modify" (or execute a new search from the "success" page as suggested above, etc. etc.).

Hope I'm explaining this OK.
Fred

[This message has been edited by Fred (edited October 25, 1999).]