Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

!HELP! Adding a Welcome function

Quote Reply
!HELP! Adding a Welcome function
I was wondering if it is possible to display the Userid on the home page Main menu output.
I want it so when the user logs on it displays a welcome message, just something simple like:
"Welcome 'UserID'! to (Name of Page)"
Quote Reply
Re: !HELP! Adding a Welcome function In reply to
Yep. It's possible.

Somewhere within a print qq|...|; statement, add

Code:
Welcome, $db_userid to (Name of Page)

If you don't understand about the print qq|...|; statement, it might help to read my tutorial page at http://www.jpdeni.com/dbman/tutorial5.html . I don't know if I explained it very well, but my attempt starts with the section on "Quotation Marks."

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
Thanx JPDeni, you've been a great help, but once again i need to stick a sock in my mouth, i have a habit of posting then solving my problem to seconds after. I did a search of the bbs, and found the answer to my question. I've been using your site for alot of things. You have a great resource there, helping out the little people like me out a bunch.

Hats of to ya again!

ZER0
Quote Reply
You know, that's one of the great things about this forum. Just posting a question will often help you to realize the answer, even if you don't find it in a previous post. This is especially true with some of the logic problems that we come up against. Often just describing the problem gives us the answer.

No problem, though. The next time this question comes up, it'll be in a newer thread and easier for someone to find. Smile

Thanks so much for your nice words. Some of the reason for creating the site was so I wouldn't have to write the same things over and over again. Smile

------------------
JPD