Gossamer Forum
Home : Gossamer Threads Inc. : Discussion :

Not received any confimation

Quote Reply
Not received any confimation
Hiya,

I bought LinksSQL nearly two hours ago but up to now no confimation email or pwd was sent.
Is this normal that it takes so long?

wsjb78

----------------------------------------------

The third principle of sentient life is the capacity for self-sacrifice, the conscious ability to override evolution and self- preservation for a cause, a friend, a loved one.

Quote Reply
Re: [wsjb78] Not received any confimation In reply to
If you read the order page firstly it says:

Quote:
Should you have any questions, please contact us, or send an email to orders@gossamer-threads.com.

...and secondly:

Quote:
PLEASE NOTE: All orders are still processed manually. You will be contacted by email within 1 business day with your registration number and instructions on how to download the script (if appropriate).

Last edited by:

Paul: Nov 16, 2002, 9:49 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Not received any confimation In reply to
thanx for your reply... just getting a bit impatient here because I wanna start on my project... guess that will need to be postponed until monday / tuesday

The third principle of sentient life is the capacity for self-sacrifice, the conscious ability to override evolution and self- preservation for a cause, a friend, a loved one.

Quote Reply
Waiting two hours is a bit short especially on a saturday when it is still about 10am in Vancouver :)
Quote Reply
oh well, I keep forgetting about the time difference... but I should have known that no one might be at work at gossamer on saturdays....
I also have excepted some auto-mailer telling me that my order was received and that it will be manually charged... you see, I got nothing and that did worry me a bit.

wsjb78

Quote Reply
Hi,

While some of us are here on Saturdays, we aren't able to process orders till Monday. You should get a confirmation first thing monday though.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Not received any confimation In reply to
Now we got a confimation but it says you cannot process due to "free" email address. My business-partner did sign up from a free-email domain which he owns. All his business mails are processed through it. Up to now the were never any problems (he's using DirectNic.com / Amazon.com(.de) and other online services using that email address and there were never problems. I'd just like to know why it was declined now?

wsjb78

Quote Reply
You should contact GT privately. The forum probably isn't the place to discuss your payment issues.
Quote Reply
Well, I just would like to know why that email address was rejected. In the registration form there was no indication that free email addresses can't be used.

wsjb78

Quote Reply
That's understandable and in order to find this out you should email Gossamer-Threads as the staff probably won't want to discuss private payment issues on a public forum.
Quote Reply
Why not?

There is a simple question: Why doesn't the order page state free email addresses will not be billed?`It's simple note to add. One that would reduce hassles.

Just another question: How comes that a company that's producing scripts and software doesn't do automatic billing but manual?

wsjb78

Quote Reply
wsjb78 , do you realise how much fraud goes through automated purchases via credit card? I've only ever put through a total of $15k, and out of that about $100 was lost of fraud. Its very hard to track down, but automating the process makes it a lot easier for people to fiddle, IMO Wink

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Not received any confimation In reply to
I know how much fraud is being done by CC-processing. It does explain the manual processing but I still don't see why there is no little note that no "free" email accounts can be used.

wsjb78

Quote Reply
Ok, I see where you are coming with that part. It would be better if GT had something on the order page about free email addresses Frown

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Well, my businesspartner has written back that he owns the domain and offers there a free email service.

A simple whois query would prove that but up to now there's still no reply.

I must say I'm quite a bit disappointed with the customer support so far.

wsjb78

Quote Reply
Give them a chance ... they are probably getting to the other support emails they got over night...it may take them a little while to get back to you....

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
That's why you should email like I suggested which adds you to the support system.

Btw it is currently before 8am in Vancouver.
Quote Reply
Well, if they had accepted the email address first-hand there wouldn't be a problem at all.

Customer support is one of the most precious things a company can offer IMHO!
Our domain registrar and our webhost has fully 24h live support. That's what I mostly like about them!

wsjb78

Quote Reply
There is no way GT could offer full time support...it would simply cost too much. Granted, it would be nice, but you need to see it from their point of view too. I actually think they offer one of the best customer services on the Net (just my opinion obviously), which is why I recommend their products to a lot of my clients.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi,

I'm sorry about the troubles your having. Each order is manually checked for a number of different criteria to help screen against fraud, as we do get a large number of fraudulent orders placed.

For the quickest response, be sure to email orders@gossamer-threads.com, or call us between 9am and 5pm pacific time at 604-687-5804 with any questions about an order.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.