Gossamer Forum
Home : Gossamer Threads Inc. : Discussion :

Multiple GT Products and mod_perl

Quote Reply
Multiple GT Products and mod_perl
Hi.

Just an academic question.
If the GT directory of the latest product is the one which is being symlinked in other products of GT, does the order of

use lib 'path/to/admin'

still matter in case of startup.pl because product specific stuff is being taken from the respective directories (GMail/Gforum/Links.....) and since there is backward compatibility, doesn't symlinking really save the headache or worrying too much about the sequence in startup.pl?

Would it be possible that the latest GT libraries are available as a separate download for any upgrades so that only that component can be upgraded leaving the rest untouched. Looks like symlinking in case of GForum needs GT::HTML and GT::Image copied over to GMail::GT or Links::GT if they are the one's which are being symlinked....

Thanks
Anup
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] Multiple GT Products and mod_perl In reply to
Hi,

Yes, you can symlink the GT directories to a common one, that shouldn't cause a problem.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Multiple GT Products and mod_perl In reply to
Hi.

Thanks. That should eliminate the headache of keeping track of what to load first in startup.pl as long as the GT being symlinked is the latest one?

Also, the next question was, could the latest "GT" be available as a separate download so that even if the complete update is not resorted to of all the GT products, at least the "GT" directory could be updated. Like for example, I am still on GM2.2.0 but if a new version of Links comes out (later than GM2.2.2), then i can just upgrade the "GT" of GMail (the one being symlinked) and upgrade Links to latest version without the need to keep altering the Symlinked "GT".

TIA.
Anup
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] Multiple GT Products and mod_perl In reply to
Hi,

I'd just leave them all symlinked:

/home/user/lib/GT
/home/user/cgi-bin/links/admin/GT -> /home/user/lib/GT
/home/user/cgi-bin/gmail/admin/GT -> /home/user/lib/GT

Probably easiest that way.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Multiple GT Products and mod_perl In reply to
Hi Alex.

Sorry i have failed with getting Links2.1.2 to coexists under mod_perl with GM

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...i?post=268865#268865

If i run only links2.1.2 under mod_perl everything is fine.

Thanks
Anup