Gossamer Forum
Home : Gossamer Threads Inc. : Discussion :

Changed password in database.defs file and getting hash error

Quote Reply
Changed password in database.defs file and getting hash error
Hello,

I had a need to change a password on my SQL database that drives my Links 2.0 environment and I did so by editing the database.def file directly, thinking this would not be an issue. Most MySQL-based password schemes allow for direct text edits, but alas, I found that my Links archictecure hashes the passwords only after I made the text change.

This created an error from which I have not been able to recover. The message reads as follows:

Can't use string ("mysql") as a HASH ref while "strict refs" in use at c:/inetpub/scripts/LinksSQL/lsqldev-2.1.2/admin/GT/SQL.pm line 146.

This error shows up for search functions and also when I use admin.cgi to mess with the SQL Server script option.

How can I recover from this?

Many Thanks,

Jon Almada
Quote Reply
Re: [jalmada] Changed password in database.defs file and getting hash error In reply to
Hi Jon,

It seems that your databases.def has some errors in perl syntax. The simplest way is to get the setup create this file for you by clicking "Setup" on the top and "SQL..." on the left. Then you can enter new username/password for you mysql and choose "don't override my data..." option.

Hope that helps

Cheers,

Cheers,

Dat

Programming and creating plugins and templates
Blog