Gossamer Forum
Home : Gossamer Threads Inc. : Discussion :

Am running zeus now and would like to migrate to links

Quote Reply
Am running zeus now and would like to migrate to links
1 - How difficult would the migration be?

2 - I have a copy of links running on a different domain right now. I dod not do the installation and would like to know how to run it template based. I think my install is style sheet based. Not being a script kiddie, I'd like to be able to adjust or redesign the templates to my taste but don't quite know how.

Tnaks for any and all help

Amber
Quote Reply
Re: [amber438] Am running zeus now and would like to migrate to links In reply to
Quote:
1 - How difficult would the migration be?

What are you migrating from?

Quote:
2 - I have a copy of links running on a different domain right now. I dod not do the installation and would like to know how to run it template based. I think my install is style sheet based. Not being a script kiddie, I'd like to be able to adjust or redesign the templates to my taste but don't quite know how.

All copies of Links SQL are template based so I'm not too sure what you mean. Could you explain further?

Ps: You may want to use the Links SQL Pre-Sales or Links SQL Discussions forum if you have further questions.

Last edited by:

Paul: Jan 11, 2003, 11:03 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Am running zeus now and would like to migrate to links In reply to
Migration from zues to links

I have the free links version and want to upgrade..
Quote Reply
Re: [amber438] Am running zeus now and would like to migrate to links In reply to
Ok so you are actually migrating from Links2 to Links SQL. Zeus is the webserver.

It is very easy. There is a script called nph-import.cgi that comes with Links SQL that will import all of your custom data into Links SQL.
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Am running zeus now and would like to migrate to links In reply to
Zeus is not the webserver. It's the links program I'm using now on one of my domains. I want to migrate that database to links sql. I also want to migrate a different links site currently using the free version of links to links sql.
Quote Reply
My answer above applies to Links2 => Links SQL. For zeus, I'm not sure - is it sql or flatfile?

This may need to be a custom job.