Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Perl Programming :

request method

Quote Reply
request method
Hi,

my problem is not related to any of Gossamer Threads script but I badly need some help on this issue.

I was trying to move my website to a new server. i merely modified all the path names in my cgi scripts so no major changes were made. So I expect them to work. However I kept having difficulties running some cgi scripts. I tried to debug and found that the problem is, the cgi script does not seem to recognise $ENV{'REQUEST_METHOD'}. Even though on the form, I specified FORM METHOD="POST", the request_method is still "GET".

Which is why, everytime I submit a form that will call a cgi script(which uses $ENV{'REQUEST_METHOD'}), instead of sending the data and taking me to the next page, the same page (with the form) will reload but with the URL parsed with the data. (eg. form.html?name=aaa&email=aaa@xyz.com)

I would like to know, does $ENV{'REQUEST_METHOD'} ever work incorrectly? Or maybe, did I do something wrong that causes the problem? Any suggestions or help will be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Cheryl

Quote Reply
Re: request method In reply to
if the url has the parameters in it.. then your form is set to method=GET..

Jerry Su
Quote Reply
Re: request method In reply to
That sounds like you didn't specify an ACTION tag.

Do you have a URL we can see?

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.