Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Perl Programming :

cgi photo upload problems - path?

Quote Reply
cgi photo upload problems - path?
I am having a problem finding the correct path to one of my directories.
I have installed the cgi script from e-classifieds photo edition and everything is working except the showing of the photos.
Every thing I read and am told tells me that I don't have the correct path to the 'upload' directory. This server is Hypermart. The placeholder in the script is
$upload_path="/usr/www/users/you/classifieds/upload";
$photo_dir="http://www.yourdomain.com/classifieds/upload";
The photos will upload to the temp directory under the cgi-bin, they will rename as they are supposed to, but they stay in the temp directory and will not move to the upload directory for viewing.
E-classifieds tells me that either 1) the folder does not exist (it does) 2) the permissions on the upload folder are not set to 777 (they appear to be) 3) the path to the upload directory is set incorrectly or 4) the URL to the upload directory is incorrect.
Hypermart says the path is relative with my username being the "you" in the placeholder ; but when I use "/showhorsepromotions/classifieds/upload"; - it still does not work.
At this point I feel I've tried every permutation of the path that I can think of - I've even created an upload folder under the cgi-bin & under the main and tried to upload to them without success. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have just seen one suggestion that I've not seen listed on hypermart - "/disk1/u/username/public_html/cgi/cgi-lib.pl"; but this was used with a 'require' statement so the cgi-lib.pl could be found. I am getting NO Error messages, I get a "Upload Successful" when the photo is uploaded, but you can't view the photo and the small icon does not show on the ad.
Again - every other piece of this script seems to be working.
Quote Reply
Re: [mfsm2001] cgi photo upload problems - path? In reply to
Angelic I found the path on another forum. In case someone in the future has the same problem on hypermart the upload path is

$upload_path="/home/classifieds/upload";