Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Perl Programming :

any javascript gurus out there

Quote Reply
any javascript gurus out there
Wondering if any javascript experts are out there and might have seen something that I'm looking for... Unfortunately I've never really used it. But what I want to do is have some javascript code generate a random number from 1 to 4 that I can use anywhere in a web page. What I want to accomplish, and I'd rather not use perl, is to have four web page templates, with logos and style sheets and I'll name all the related files 1.css, 1logo.gif, etc... Then whenever someone comes to the page, it randomly picks a template to use. I don't want to use any external files (except of course for my templates) and I'd like to keep the size small, have it be as cross-browser compatible as possible and ideally be able to hide it when viewing source. Anyone seen anything like that.

I'm looking at some banner rotators now, but guess I'm concerned about having to put my whole page into the document write stuff . I've looked around a bit at javascript.internet.com and haven't really seen anything like what I want.
Quote Reply
Re: [JerryP] any javascript gurus out there In reply to
Hi,

Put your message on the Customize job and someone may do that for you.

Cheers,

Cheers,

Dat

Programming and creating plugins and templates
Blog
Quote Reply
Server-side solutions are much more reliable since people can turn off javascript in their browsers.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Heckler] any javascript gurus out there In reply to
have you seen anything like that without using perl... i figure i can't use ssi, because i need the same number in a few places to make sure i get all the same items for the template, images etc... i know i can do it with perl in no time, i just wanted to see if there was another way to avoid the overhead for such a seemingly trivial task...
Quote Reply
Another server-side solution? Well, if you don't know anything else than Perl, than probably not, you could do this same thing in other web applications, like ASP and Cold Fusion or languages, like PHP or server-side Java...
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me