Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Perl Programming :

XML - Lodging.com?

Quote Reply
XML - Lodging.com?
Hi guys. Do any of you have experience with XML, and Lodging.com (even something from hotelClub.com, Rates2Go.com, etc, should be fine). I've been stumbling around for several days not, trying to work out how to use SOAP::Lite with their interface. However, I'm not really any closer than I was previously Frown

TIA for any suggestions.

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] XML - Lodging.com? In reply to
Andy,

You might want to check out the new plugin, I've just released. It uses SOAP::Lite.
I don't know what lodging.com etc offers, but if they offer XML webservices, you should get some inspiration from looking at my plugin. In the package is a client (for Perl, ie SOAP::Lite), but it should also work with other clients, eg Java and .Net. The same should be the case for any other webservice out there.

John
Quote Reply
Re: [gotze] XML - Lodging.com? In reply to
heheh.. thanks for the suggestion. I already looked at it Smile (came across it when searching these forums for SOAP::Lite =)).

However, I still can't get it to work with my tests :( (something about the proxy server not being passed in, even though I use ->proxy Unsure).

Thanks for the suggestion though... much appreciated :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] XML - Lodging.com? In reply to
Hi Andy,

If you want to play around with webservices, you might want to consider using tools like SOAPScope from http://mindreef.com/ . It's good for analysing WSDL-files and more.

I'd love to get any feedback on the WS4LSQL plugin.

John