Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Perl Programming :

Surveytime by CGI-World?

Quote Reply
Surveytime by CGI-World?

Would anyone here have any knowledge of the "Surveytime 1.2" survey and voting program offered by CGI-World? I ask because I have a problem, and they don't offer an online forum.

If you can help, here's the problem:

Whenever anyone attempts to participate in the survey, they are returned a screen that says that they've already voted, when in fact, they have not.

It's happened to me using machines other than my own (and I've deleted the entire IP file to be sure no coincidences would be present before-hand).

Anyone have any ideas here? Greatly appreciate your time.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: [Brooklyn67] Surveytime by CGI-World? In reply to
Clear your ip.txt file in the "data" folder.

The problem is if you do not clear out that file and leave IPs from previous surveys/polls, then they will not be able to vote on the next survey.

You should use the "Archive" old poll option, which will archive your most recent poll and then create the new poll .txt files.

I used that poll system for three years...now I use a MYSQL driven system (basically relying on GT's centralized library modules with Links SQL v.1.13).

========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Heckler] Surveytime by CGI-World? In reply to

Thanks so much for the help, however, I had already edited the ip.txt files to reflect no stored data, and still the prompt returns an "already voted" message.

Could this be a cookie issue? It seems that the polls are fine for the first few days, then for whatever reason, something corrupts the program which prevents anyone else from participating.

Also, if I "archive" an active poll, it won't be active anymore. Polls are achived by the program after completion, correct?

Is there a section of the surveytime.cgi file that I could edit or delete? (If you'd care, I'll email a copy of the surveytime.cgi in .txt format for your review).

I really wouldn't mind if users voted twice. At least they'd have a chance to vote once. It's not a scientific poll :-)

Thanks again for your help!