Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Perl Programming :

Search Engine -- Fluid Dynamics or other

Quote Reply
Search Engine -- Fluid Dynamics or other
Fluid Dynamics has two search engines. First there is "Xavatoria Search Engine." I played with it some and it looks promising. Is there any way to put a search box on your homepage or does the search have to be from the search.htm page?

The also have "Fluid Dynamics Search Engine." Anyone have any luck with it?

Are there any other (new) search engine scripts I should know about?

Thank you all.

Quote Reply
Re: Search Engine -- Fluid Dynamics or other In reply to
No matter what search script you use, you can put the form code on any web page in your site, including your homepage.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Thanks Eliot.

I read that you recommended Fluid Dynamice here at the Forum a few months ago http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...ew=&sb=&vc=1 but I was unclear on which of their scripts you liked.

It seems that you were writing about "Xavatoria Search Engine."

What do you know about their newer "Fluid Dynamics Search Engine?"

Also, for a single site not huge but not tiny, do you still think Fluid Dynamics is the way to go?

Thank you Eliot.

--Curt

Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Also, for a single site not huge but not tiny, do you still think Fluid Dynamics is the way to go?
The latter one is fine for smaller web sites. The former is good for medium-size web sites (if you add in a bunch of filters)...but for large web sites, using commercial products like InfoSeek search engine (although not really recommended since they are headed for bankruptcy) or Thunderstone are better.

Regards,

Eliot Lee