Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Perl Programming :

Recommendation on Script

Quote Reply
Recommendation on Script
Hi!

I'm looking for something that might be able to handle a database that I have. I looked at DBman but I don't think it will do what I need. If anyone can give me a recommendation that would be great! Ok....here is what I need to do:

1) My database will contain 6 fields. Address, zip code, city, state, destination name and price.
2) The customer will be able to either enter their zip code, address or destination (location name) and then enter their destination - which may be address, zip code or maybe name of destination.
3) The results will print the estimated price and the estimated time (time is not necessary though).

After thinking about this, I'll most likely need to specify the mileage between the two places and the price per mile?? I haven't really been able to find something that will work. If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great. Also, if someone might know how to develop a script like this I would be interested in talking with you. Thanks for any input.
Quote Reply
Re: Recommendation on Script In reply to
DBMAN can do the data entry aspect of your project. You will have to use javascript or highly complex calculations, probably C++, which can be integrated into the DBMAN system.

Wink

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------