Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Perl Programming :

I'm searching for a script that redirects the users by the language of their browser

Quote Reply
I'm searching for a script that redirects the users by the language of their browser
The title says it all!!! Can anybody help???
Wink

THEULS

------------------
----------------------
Surfootball.ovh.org
----------------------
Quote Reply
Re: I'm searching for a script that redirects the users by the language of their browser In reply to
I actually just wrote one that is database driven with a full admin suite and online installer for a freelance project. You can have it for a mere $1300.00 Smile

-- Gordon

------------------
$blah='82:84:70:77';
print chr($_) foreach (split/:/,$blah);

Quote Reply
Re: I'm searching for a script that redirects the users by the language of their browser In reply to
Your kidding right????
Wink

If anybody has a "free" offer please tell me

THEULS

------------------
----------------------
Surfootball.ovh.org
----------------------
Quote Reply
I don't think that Gordon is kidding.

Coding for 100's of variations of browsers is not that easy and it is quite a tedious task.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Former Handle: Eliot
Anthro TECH, L.L.C
anthrotech.com
* Check Resource Center
* Thinking out of the box (codes) is not only fun, but effective.

[This message has been edited by AnthroRules (edited April 26, 2000).]
Quote Reply
Nope, he's not kidding. I was sitting next to him when he coded it.

Works like a charm too!! Smile

--mark
Quote Reply
OK, so he's not kidding.... But does somebody know where I can find one Free???
Something very simple!!!!!

Theuls

------------------
----------------------
Surfootball.ovh.org
----------------------
Quote Reply

Quote:
Free!!

LOL!

Quote:
Something very simple!!!!!

This shows your lack of CGI and Perl programming knowledge and experience...sorry.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Anthro TECH, L.L.C
anthrotech.com
* Check Resource Center

Quote Reply
In all seriousness, it is not a "free" solution.

Companies like the one Gordon and I work for, or do contract work for, pay a lot of money for products like that. As a result, the code is not publically available.

--mark
Quote Reply
Good find, Bmxer.

Yet when I demoed a bunch of these scripts, they seem to be quite rudimentary.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Anthro TECH, L.L.C
anthrotech.com
* Check Resource Center

Quote Reply
yeah, they probably really are. But he said simple so i just gave him the list, thats why i didn't really recommend any. I'm sure Gordon's is good tho.

------------------
LookHard Search
lookhard.hypermart.net
Lavon Russell

Quote Reply
ok wow,noone could even a suggestion/answer w/o laughing, except mark and gordon. Maybe u can try looking here
http://cgi.resourceindex.com/...ction/Browser_Based/

------------------
LookHard Search
lookhard.hypermart.net
Lavon Russell

Quote Reply
Hi:

How about Javacript? One example can be found at http://javascript.internet.com/...etails/language.html

MSIE (and presumably AOL) language codes can be found at http://msdn.microsoft.com/...e/language_codes.asp . I believe Netscape uses similar codes - does anyone have the Netscape language codes?

Or a CGI-Perl script could be coded using HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE.

Dan Smile