Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Perl Programming :

Question about FrameIt script

Quote Reply
Question about FrameIt script
I hope someone here has some experience with FrameIt by VerySimple ( www.verysimple.com/scripts/frameit.html ). I asked over at the forum at VerySimple, but no one answered.

My question is: how can I add a variable to FrameIt that can be passed to the script via the URL?

For example, I want to pass the variable "newvar" to FrameIt. How can I make it accept
Code:
http://domain.com/cgi-bin/FrameIt.cgi?url=http://yahoo.com/&newvar=123
and know that "newvar" equals 123? I tried just using $Form{newvar}, but that didn't work.

Thanks in advance.

[This message has been edited by t_dog (edited July 26, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Re: Question about FrameIt script In reply to
Have you tried $Form{'newvar'}?
Quote Reply
Hiya Bobsie, t-Dog,

I just had a quick look through the code there, and Jason uses $Form{var} to access other variables in the script, so if the script is working in its original format, you *should* be able to get at $Form{newvar} in the same way. Can you post the portion of code that you're using the variable in?

adam
Quote Reply
Almost forgot about this thread I started...

Bobsie, Adam,

I'm quite sure that I tried both $Form{newvar} and $Form{'newvar'}. It didn't work. Nothing was inserted at the place where newvar should have went.

Any other suggestions? I contacted the author of the script. After waiting for a whole week, he replied, saying that it's been a long time since he worked on the script, and that he's redoing the code to fix a bug. He couldn't tell me how to add a variable.
Quote Reply
As I said, either should work if the script works in its unomodified state, so I would think that you might have made an error with your modification. If you could post the snippet containing your modification, we might be able to help.

adam
Quote Reply
Here is what I wanted to do.

Original:

Code:
print "<font face=\"arial, verdana\" size=2><b><a href=\"$Form{referrer}\" target=\"$parent_frame\">$Form{text}</a></b></font>\n";

Modified:

Code:
print "<font face=\"arial, verdana\" size=2><b><a href=\"$Form{referrer}\" target=\"$parent_frame\">$Form{text}</a> \| <a href=\"recommend.cgi?ID=$Form{id}\">Recommend</a></b></font>\n";

$Form{id} is the new variable which is passed to the script in the URL.

[This message has been edited by t_dog (edited July 31, 1999).]