Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Perl Programming :

PostNuke 0.70 released

Quote Reply
PostNuke 0.70 released
Don't know if yanyone has been following PostNuke, but version 0.7 was released Sunday.

Highlights from PN 0.7 include the following new features from the release notes:

-- Permission System -- The new system gives you unlimited depth to "user groups". Gone are the days from having the separate admin and users system. The new system unifies these and allows you to give or deny special access to any user. You can deny certain areas of your site to an unregistered user, or the entire site altogether. You can also set your groups so that even when a user registers, they have to have their group access upped by a site admin

-- Multi-Sites -- The long talked about MultiSites mod is here. What this does is allow you to run a single codebase with several different domains. We run it on this site, and it works quite well! All of the support sites and postnuke.com all run off the same single instance of postnuke codebase. This allows for very quick updates, and global changes through sites

-- Language tool -- For those of you that work hard on the translations for your PostNuke site, there is a new tool for you. The language module goes through and finds the missing defines in your language files and generates a report and a temp directory for you. It's a great tool, and I have just begun to play with it.

From a coding/logic standpoint, the new user management system is probably the most interesting. You can specify exactly what rights a user has on each section.

Anyhow, I was going to install PN and play with it to see how it works. I'll let you know.
--
Rob

SW Montana's Online Community
Modular Model Railroading
Quote Reply
Re: [vanderen] PostNuke 0.70 released In reply to
I've been using PostNuke since the .5x series and just love the direction the dev team is taking. The permission system seems to be very promising. I'm gonna work on some modules for it after 1.0 is released(private ones for only my website). They've come a long long way so far.

Later,
Paul
http://www.fullmoonshining.com for Pearl Jam Fans