Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Perl Programming :

Perl Packager

Quote Reply
Perl Packager
How do you create executables with perl packager in a Windows environment? Then deploy them onto a windows machine that does not have perl installed so that they work?
Quote Reply
Re: [perl_boy] Perl Packager In reply to
I don't think you can. Perl can't re-compile the functions required, as its all inter-linked. The whole point in the perl compiler, is to make NT based perl scripts...not provide something where a person can run Perl scripts on their PC. If you want to do something like that, you need to use something like vB or C (C++).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
perl2exe works just fine for me:
Quote:
About This Program
Perl2Exe is a command line utility for converting Perl scripts to executable files.

This allows you to create stand alone programs in perl that do not require the perl interpreter. You can also ship the executable file without having to ship your perl source code.

Perl2Exe also allows you to create no-console programs using Tk.

Perl2Exe for Unix can generate executables for supported Unix machines. Perl2Exe for Unix can also be used from a Win32 host to generate executables for a Unix target host.

This document covers Perl2Exe V6.00 and later.

I use: perl2exe -gui -o=file.exe file.cgi

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.
Quote Reply
Re: [fuzzy logic] Perl Packager In reply to
Wow...I never realised there was anything capable of that! I may have to look into this later...

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Perl Packager In reply to
It is quite nifty. I'm looking into using it for an Perl/Tk FTP client I'll be working on soon.

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.

Last edited by:

fuzzy logic: Aug 23, 2003, 11:45 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [fuzzy logic] Perl Packager In reply to
I use perl2exe also, but can't get some of my scripts to work on other machines. I am not sure why but have been trying to figure it out. In my scripts I specify to look for certain directories and text files on the local machine. I use globbing, IN/OUT file handles, etc. Not sure if there is something extra you have to do your code to get them to work. I know scripts that have been converted before, and are used in conjunction with a batch file like the one below.

ECHO OFF
lfnfor off
ECHO ON
for %%x in (*.txt) do myscript.exe "%%x" %1 %2 %3

The .bat file runs the script and processes the files. Maybe I need to use a .bat file with my scripts, too?

Last edited by:

perl_boy: Aug 25, 2003, 7:40 AM
Quote Reply
I am a rookie at perl. Can anyone help with this? Anyone.....anyone....bueler....buuuuuueeler....