Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Perl Programming :

PayPal Shop...Feedback....

Quote Reply
PayPal Shop...Feedback....
Ok, I'm hoping this ok to post here. I did get some help from a few members here, so I thought I would post here and let anyone interested have a look. Also, I'm interested in feedback please Smile

Well, after a lot of work, I have finally managed to get my PayPal script working. After all the effort I put into it, I thought I may as well write a script that can be distributed amoungst other webmasters. The end price is going to be $10, but I thought I would let you GT Users have a peek view of it for free. You can use it on your site, but it will only be available from the current download site til the end of this week. If you have any suggestions about it, please post them here, or email me at webmaster@ace-installer.com.

What does this script do? Basically, if you sell software/services over the Internet via PayPal, then currently you have to wait for the purchase email, and then email the person back with the item you have for sale or more information on the item you just sold. With this script it is possible to verify their purchase in real time, thus eliminating the need for unnecessary contact with the customer. If something goes wrong, they will see an alert, and if it was ok, they will see your customized message (which can include any of several variables passed along to it. Well, enjoy Smile

The current release can be found here : http://www.ace-installer.com/paypalshop.zip

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [AndyNewby] PayPal Shop...Feedback.... In reply to
Andy,

Look on your keyboard, see that key over the Caps Lock key? The one labled Tab? You need to familiarize yourself with it. It's very useful for indenting code inside functions, loops, if statements etc...

Wink

--mark
Quote Reply
Re: [Mark Badolato] PayPal Shop...Feedback.... In reply to
You could just use edit plus :)

>>
while (list ($key, $value) = each ($HTTP_POST_VARS)) {
$postvars[] = $key;
}
<<

Hmm is this bit right?

$postvars[] ?

Last edited by:

RedRum: Feb 21, 2002, 3:44 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [RedRum] PayPal Shop...Feedback.... In reply to
yes that's right.
Quote Reply
Uh hu. Never got used to indenting. Always look wrong. Spose I need to work on it. All I really need to know is if people can get it working, and if so, is there anything else they would like to see it Wink

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Strange code.

Last edited by:

RedRum: Feb 21, 2002, 3:58 AM
Quote Reply
Can we please get back to the main purpose of this thread! For some reason whenever I start a thread on seems to get transformed into a thread about something loosely related, or most of the time has nothing to do with it! Crazy

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
My apologies for taking an interest in the obscurities of php Cool.

Last edited by:

RedRum: Feb 21, 2002, 3:59 AM
Quote Reply
Thanks ok Sly

Is anyone actually interested in testing this script? Or should I just test it myself an not add any more features for you Wink

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
I looked at it but I don't really understand why this script is needed. Just to send email? Paypal does it already the moment someone makes a payment. Both the store and the buyer get emails. Am I missing something?

Also, it is in php and I am not familiar with php. By the way, I need to start understanding php as a vast majority of script coming out these days are written in php.
Quote Reply
Re: [socrates] PayPal Shop...Feedback.... In reply to
Quote:
Am I missing something?
Yup Sly

The whole point of the script is that it checks to see if they were refered to your site from PayPal, and that their recipt info was correct. If successful, it then shows a page where a product (or information) can then be displayed. Good for people who are selling software/single items/services etc. It allows the user to see in real time that their money was recieved, and it also allows the webmaster to weed out attempts to get at their product without making a purchase first.

Hope that explains it a bit better.

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Ok, I have 3 versions all ready for beta testing now. Anyone that tests it for me will get a free working/bug free copy at the end of it Wink

Here are the pages for more info on them all;

PayPal Single Item - http://www.ace-installer.com/...pts&file=paypal1
PayPal Multi Item with MySQL - http://www.ace-installer.com/...pts&file=paypal2
ClickBank - http://www.ace-installer.com/...s&file=clickbank

If anyone is interested, please see those pages as they have more info on it all. I'm going to be putting up a demo of it soon too.

Ok, thats all for now.

Thanks

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
demo = 404
Quote Reply
Sorry, working on it now :)

Thanks

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk