Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Perl Programming :

Out of memory script error...

Quote Reply
Out of memory script error...
Hey fellows

I ran a script on the server and it generated this in the error log...

[Sat Nov 30 20:44:40 2002] [error] (12)Cannot allocate memory: exec of /hsphere/local/home/robert/minisitez.com/cgi-bin/mkdir.cgi failed

[Sat Nov 30 20:44:40 2002] [error] [client 172.138.65.22] Premature end of script headers: /hsphere/local/home/robert/minisitez.com/cgi-bin/mkdir.cgi

Any clues on what this means?

Thanks

Dave
Quote Reply
Re: [davetech] Out of memory script error... In reply to
One very likely cause is you've got an infinite loop somewhere in your program. Additionally, it seems possible that while the script attempts to post the error to the browser, there's an error in doing so because no content type header was printed.

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.
Quote Reply
Re: [fuzzy thoughts] Out of memory script error... In reply to
Or it could mean that there was not enough memory to run the script in the first place.

Quote:
while the script attempts to post the error to the browser, there's an error in doing so because no content type header was printed.

The premature end of script headers error will occur due to the preceeding error, it doesn't necessarily mean no header was printed.

Last edited by:

Paul: Dec 1, 2002, 3:02 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Out of memory script error... In reply to
Ok fellows thanks so far. I did delete some files on the server and advised the owner to upgrade asap. Now here is the remaining problem...

[Sun Dec 1 13:24:54 2002] [error] [client 216.39.50.157] File does not exist: /hsphere/local/home/melissa/latinmusicartists.com/robots.txt

Unless this is a robots file on the server I am at a lost because the actual script does not have reference to any such file and neither do I have that file anywhere.

Thanks

Quote Reply
Search Engine spiders look for robots.txt in your root www folder for rules on what it should and shouldn't spider. Just make a blank file and name it robots.txt and the errors will go away. Add rules to it if you don't want your whole site indexed.

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.
Quote Reply
Re: [fuzzy thoughts] Out of memory script error... In reply to
kool

So should I make this text file like meta tags as in html meta tags for robots rules or is it done in some other way?

Thanks again

Dave
Quote Reply
http://gossamer-threads.com/robots.txt
Quote Reply
Hi Fellows

I inserted the robots.txt file but some errors still remian unfortunately. Don't mean to be a bother. I will just like to get this script up and running if possible. I don't mind working to fix the problem I just don't know what the errors mean.

Thanks

Dave

Errors

Can't find string terminator '"' anywhere before EOF at mkdir.cgi line 312.
[Mon Dec 2 20:38:44 2002] [error] [client 172.153.241.209] Premature end of script headers: /hsphere/local/home/melissa/latinmusicartists.com/cgi-bin/mkdir.cgi
Can't find string terminator '"' anywhere before EOF at mkdir.cgi line 312.
[Mon Dec 2 20:54:00 2002] [error] [client 172.153.241.209] Premature end of script headers: /hsphere/local/home/melissa/latinmusicartists.com/cgi-bin/mkdir.cgi
Quote Reply
Can't help without seeing the code but it looks like you are missing a " or you didn't escape something.

Last edited by:

Paul: Dec 3, 2002, 12:31 AM
Quote Reply
ok I uploaded the script here for viewing. There are other scripts involved but this one gets called on when that error was generated.

Thanks again

Dave

www.latinmusicartists.com/mkdir.txt
Quote Reply
Look at the last line.
Quote Reply
Paul

That did it! Thank you and everyone else who helped me. Great job guys.

Dave