Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Perl Programming :

How do I upload a file from C drive to the Server?

Quote Reply
How do I upload a file from C drive to the Server?
Hello,

How do I (what is the command) upload a zipped file from my c drive (on PC) to my hosting sever (linux)?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: [socrates] How do I upload a file from C drive to the Server? In reply to
Hi,

This should help ;)

http://articles.sitepoint.com/...ading-files-cgi-perl

Its actually pretty simple (but no point giving an example, when there is a good tutorial around like that :))

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] How do I upload a file from C drive to the Server? In reply to
Thanks Andy, but I think you misunderstood. It is not for users to upload files on my server. But I want to just transfer some data from my pc to my server. Let's say I just have some data that I downloaded from somewhere and is stored on my C drive and I want to transfer that to my web server. How do I do that?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: [socrates] How do I upload a file from C drive to the Server? In reply to
socrates wrote:
Thanks Andy, but I think you misunderstood. It is not for users to upload files on my server. But I want to just transfer some data from my pc to my server. Let's say I just have some data that I downloaded from somewhere and is stored on my C drive and I want to transfer that to my web server. How do I do that?

Thanks!

Seems, that you need an FTP-Programm.
If you use the Firefox Browser I can recommend the Add-on FireFTP.
But you need to know your Login Information of your server. Put them into FireFTP and then you can upload your data via FireFTP.
Hope that helps...

Matthias
gpaed.de
Quote Reply
Re: [Matthias70] How do I upload a file from C drive to the Server (from SSH)? In reply to
Thanks and I am aware of FTP and have used fireftp but I need to upload files to the root folder of the server (which does not have an FTP account). I thought there was a way to do this without using FTP on linux via SSH and if so, I would like to know.
Quote Reply
Re: [socrates] How do I upload a file from C drive to the Server (from SSH)? In reply to
Hi,

AFAIK, there is no way to do what your asking for.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!