Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Perl Programming :

HTTP_REFERER again... ;)

Quote Reply
HTTP_REFERER again... ;)
Ok, can someone PLEASE help me here! Basiclly, I have now worked out that it is impossible to get the HTTP_REFERER variable from a https server, to a htttp server, or even another https server! Does anyone know of a work around this? I basically am looking to try and check the referer to see if they were refered from a valied refering URL after a purchase. I have also tried putting the variables into a frame, but the HTTP_REFERER is still coming up from the HTTPS server, thus not registering!

Any ideas from you guys? I could really do with some help at the moment Frown

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [AndyNewby] HTTP_REFERER again... ;) In reply to
not sure about the referer business, but to be more secure about this you might want to create a session for the user which you store in a database. you also create a one-way hash string, using something like MD5, and pass this from your secure page to your non-secure page as a hidden variable (along with the session id), checking that the passed hash corresponds to the one stored in the database after the purchase has been made. then give them the goodies :)
Quote Reply
Re: [RandomMouse] HTTP_REFERER again... ;) In reply to
Thanks for the reply. the problem is that the secure page is clickbank.com's page. As far as I know it is not possible to add hidden variables to the purchase thing, unless it is done in the confirmation URL itself (i.e. the URl set in the admin feature).

Any more ideas??? Crazy

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!