Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Perl Programming :

Experience with 1-host

Quote Reply
Experience with 1-host
Hello,
I just wanted to let everyone know of my experience with 1-host. Just before new year's day I signed up to avail of the "double-disk space" offer knowing there was a 30 money back guarantee. I knew I would need more than the 15mb they were offering and so I got 30mb. Anyway, 5 days after signing up I meet up with a partner of the site. He told me that I should go dedicated and that 1-host did not offer enough space in 30mb.

This offer actually continued on after the set period. Is this not against the law?

I notified 1-host that day to let them know of my decision and to thank them for their services and would appreciate if they honoured their 30 money back guarantee as advertised on every 1-host page.

No reply.

I try again and this time I get a reply, "We will refund you in our next billing cycle". That would have been fine. Although they refuse to close my account. I enquire again, same story. It took them 2 days put the $250 on my card and it 7 weeks on. They do not seem to bill people too often.

If anyone can help me. Please send an email to accounts@1-host.com</a> cause they don't answer my emails.

I have tried calling them also, I just got a lady saying see did not handle the calls and I should email them, but they gave this number out online?

I hope now once I get my own hosting company up and running I will honour guarantees.

--
Regards
David Moran
morane@iol.ie
Quote Reply
Re: Experience with 1-host In reply to
Congratulations! From what you said in your post, you made the best decision when purchasing anything on the Web: you used a credit card. You need to call your bank (or wherever you got your credit card) and contest EVERYTHING that they put on your card. Explain the whole situation to your credit card company (or bank) and they'll handle the problem.