Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Perl Programming :

Encoding card number?

Quote Reply
Encoding card number?
Hi. I'm looking at using the Business::OnlinePayment::AuthorizeNet perl module, which can be seen here: http://search.cpan.org/...3.13/AuthorizeNet.pm

This will need to be run via a SSL server, but do I need to actually do any encoding of the card myself? base_64 maybe?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Encoding card number? In reply to
Also, has anyone had any experience with Business::WorldPay::Junior?

I'm simply trying to send a payment to them, and then get a payment notification via email to go out to the client who made the purchase (and the admin). I'm not worried about IPN stuff, as I just want to get a basic purchase script working with them :)

TIA

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Encoding card number? In reply to
Hey Andy,

Last time I worked with Authorize.net you didn't need to do anything special to the card number above and beyond SSL. I was reading through their API about a month ago and it doesn't look like It's changed either.

~Charlie
Quote Reply
Re: [Chaz] Encoding card number? In reply to
Hi. Thanks for the reply. That makes things a hell of a lot easier :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk