CuteFTP

CuteFTP
Quote:
You most likely have files that begin with a . in the folders you want to
remove, like .htaccess files, set your ftp program to view these files, and
you will be able to delete them
thnx
derek

Does anyone know how to show all files in CuteFTP?

---------------
Cricket Web - http://www.cricketweb.net
Cricket Web Forum - http://forum.cricketweb.net/
---------------

Re: [Philip_Clark] CuteFTP In reply to
http://www.cuteftp.com/...amp;pid=8&tid=46

Next time, go to http://www.cuteftp.com/ directly and access their KNOWLEDGE BASE section...very useful...
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me

Re: [Heckler] CuteFTP In reply to
Damn...I was getting happy then cos I thought there was a way around.htpasswd and .htaccess files being filtered. However, the link you provideddoes not seem to provide an answer for the version I am using (4.2.4). There isno 'Action' tab in the 'Site Properties' as they say Wink Looking at theircopyright there (2000) it doesnt look like it has been updated for a whileeither...heh heh

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!

Re: [AndyNewby] CuteFTP In reply to
http://www.cuteftp.com/...yJanuary1520010127pm

Uh..Andy there is a FILTER help item in the Knowledge Base as well. The link I provided DOES answer Philip's request which was HOW to see hidden files/folders!

Got it, Andy?!?!?!?! Tongue (read replies and posts carefully, okay?)
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me

Eliot, do you even have a copy of CuteFTP installed? If so, then youwouldknow it doesnt answer the question! They reference a tab that doesnt evenexist! There is a 'filter' option, but that is in a completly different place towhere the FAQ points out! Maybe they need to update their FAQ's Tongue Theyreference 'actions' which is not even a tab for goodness sake! So, although thelogic is right, unless oyu have a look around that FAQ page wont answer yourquestion directly!

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!

Last edited by:

AndyNewby: Jan 2, 2002, 7:11 AM

Yes, I do, both at home and the office and I've used that FAQ before among others in the Cute FTP KB. (Although I prefer using AceXFTP...more user friendly and less overhead than CuteFTP.)

And again, I gave PHILIP the answer he needed or at least advice to point him in the right direction.

Andy, do you even peruse application FAQs or search the web for answers, or do you simply rely on GT Forum for all your needs? In my opinion, you should go to the "horse's mouth" FIRST for answers rather than posting questions about non-GT related software and applications.

Goodbye!

Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me

Last edited by:

Heckler: Jan 2, 2002, 7:10 AM

Eliot, what is your problem?

And YES, I do look at FAQs! It is not my fault that I'm not perfect like you! How long have you been on the web? Well, beleive it or not I've only been online for a couple of years! Not all of us are 'veterans' of programming, design etc like you quite obviously! Maybe you should chill a bit every now and then...its not surprising people get so annoyed with you all the time....you always take such a negative tone to everyone and seem to always look down on them. I'm not sure if it the way you say stuff, or just generally the view you give everyone of yourself! Normally I am not provoked easily into arguments...but I thought I had better point out the feel you give to many of the posts you reply to!

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk

And may be you should take advice posted in many threads where you post questions, including researching information on the web or at vendor's web sites before posting questions in the GT forums.

It is quite annoying that you do not heed other people's advice and chose to continue to post questions in the GT forums before researching issues thoroughly.

Want to continue this argument? Contact me at my web site: http://www.anthrotech.com (Contact Us).

I prefer not to receive PMs via GT forum and I don't like listing my email address due to spambots.
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me

Huh, no thanks! I dont like people always making me look like im a dumbidiot who never every tried to do anything on his own before! I think you willfind that my views and not alone either....goodday!

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk

Please speak for yourself, Andy. Takes a "real" man to speak for himself rather than including "others" into an argument, debate, or disagreement. Wink

Good day to you, too.
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me

Eliot, I think you are upsetting quite a few people at the forum with your replies.

You seem to think everyone is trying to pick a fight which isn't the case. Most people don't wish to get involved in arguments as Andy mentioned and are making genuine posts asking for help or making posts providing help. Just because someone disagrees with something you say or corrects a mistake you make doesn't mean they are trying to patronise you and doesn't mean they are trying to start an argument, but generally arguments are the result due to the way you react in such situations.

Let it go over your head. If someone adds to what you've said in a thread, don't get mad at them and start saying stuff like "Uh I replied first you didn't need to", just try to ignore it or just respect the fact that everyone has the right to make a post here.

When someone else makes a post, say Andy for example, and you correct a mistake he makes, I've never seen him have a go at you telling you to butt out, so you should act the same way to him.

Everyone at the forum deserves a certain level of respect and behaving aggressively can lose peoples respect quickly.

Theres my philosophical moment over :)

I'll put on my crash helmet now......

Re: [RedRum] CuteFTP In reply to
I don't think you're one to comment on this one, Paul. You're not *exactly* Mr Etiquette yourself.

use fireproof suit;

- wil

Last edited by:

Wil: Jan 2, 2002, 8:34 AM

Thank you for your comments.

And I would add that it takes two to tango and you also have a tendency to annoy, piss me off, etc. in the forums as well, Paul. I will speak for myself, and yes, you do piss me off on many occassions, Paul. While you may not think that the intent of some of your messages is not to argue or patronize, you come off as being condescending many times (not in the actual message, but the tone of the message).

Take your own advice sometimes, okay?

Goodbye.

Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me

Last edited by:

Heckler: Jan 2, 2002, 8:35 AM

Re: [Wil] CuteFTP In reply to
>>Jeepers, the blind leading the blind, huh?! ;-) <<

>>I don't think you're one to comment on this one, Paul. You're not *exactly* Mr Etiquette yourself. <<

Hehe, tag team action Laugh

Last edited by:

RedRum: Jan 2, 2002, 8:39 AM

Actually Eliot, I would say that Paul is being the more grown up in this thread! Ok, we all have our times that we annoy people, but I think that Paul is geneuinely trying to be helpful to you! Take it how you will...but I'd like to thank Paul for his input (he put it better than I could, and so much more politely Tongue).

Well, this will be the last message I am going to post in this threads, as I'm sure if I post any more it will break into a mini posting war Wink

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk

Let me add my 2 eurocents too...

Today I happened to browse a few Usenet groups, netiquette seems to be completely absent over there. By comparison, the GT forum is still a cozy place of friendliness, support and sympathy. Tongue

Re: [Tho:mas] CuteFTP In reply to
If everyone had the patience of Alex, I think we'd have world peace :)

/me reaches for the bucket, I think I'm going to go sick ;-)

- wil

Last edited by:

Wil: Jan 2, 2002, 8:53 AM

I guess it goes back to my previous point about respect.

Some deserve it some dont. Some have it some dont. Some want it some dont.

I am not dis-respecting anyone, I was just amused by your blatant attempt at, what we call "ass-licking" ;-)

My post was only meant in light-humour. Don't take it to heart, it just seemed that way, that's all. A lot of people have questioned how can I be so cynical so young, so please take my apologies if this rubs off onto my posts.

It was merely an observation :-)

- wil

Well, another post turns into (basically) a flame war Unsure

Your answer was fine Eliot as I figured out from your post what to do in CuteFTP 3.0.

Do you have to look down on everyone though Unimpressed. I did have a look at the CuteFTP site but didn't really know what I was looking for so I thought I'd post here. Tongue

Why reply if it's just going to be negative?

---------------
Cricket Web - http://www.cricketweb.net
Cricket Web Forum - http://forum.cricketweb.net/
---------------

Re: [Philip_Clark] CuteFTP In reply to
Nothing much left to be said here. Sigh.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.