Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Perl Programming :

Could do with a little help

Quote Reply
Could do with a little help
Hi All,

This post might seem stupidCrazy but i could do with a little help and that is i just purchased the autoresponder script/software from varpro.com.

After installing and all the other bells and whistles such as running cron jobs i found my self stuck with creating or looking for a .forward file in my webspace so i was wondering if someone could walk me through the process of doing it, the only help i had was from the manual which i have included in the bottom.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The VarPro System requires that your server be able to use a .forward file or that you have the ability to modify the master pop account on the domain to pipe e-mail to a script.

If your server will not allow you to do this then the system will still work as a form based system only.

Note: It is not a system failure if you can not meet the above requirements, you will still have use of the system but only with form based subscription to the autoresponder accounts. No refunds will be given for this problem!

The topical .forward file looks like the following:

/systemusername, "|/path/to/perl /full/server/path/to/cgi-bin/varpro/varauto.pl"

Your system may not require the path to perl part.

What the .forward file does is pipe all e-mail that is not an alliaes or a pop account for your domain to the VarPro scripts.

If you do not know your server paths then please contact your server administrator for help.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To be honest i have no idea what this means, so please please please help me: ) Angelic

Thank you

Kirk